Dominion Carolina Gas Transmission, LLC (“Dominion”, “we,” “us,” or “our”) owns the website at https://www.carolinagastransmission.com (the “Site”). Except as otherwise noted, Dominion owns all right, title and interest in and to the Site.
- Authorized Use
The Site is for personal, non-commercial use only.
The Site is not intended for or marketed to children under the age of 13. Children under the age of 13 are not permitted to create user accounts or submit Personal Information to the Site. User accounts will be terminated without warning if we believe that the creator of the account is less than 13 years of age.
By using the Site or submitting information to us via the Site, you represent and warrant that: (i) all information that you submit is truthful and accurate; (ii) you are 13 years of age or older; and (iii) your use of the Site does not violate any applicable law or regulation.
- User Account
- Account Confidentiality. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of your Account Information and for any activities or actions under your account. You agree not to disclose your Account Information to anyone else and that you will be solely responsible for any activities or actions taken under your account, whether or not authorized by you. Please notify Dominion immediately of any unauthorized use of your account. Dominion is not liable for any loss or damage from your failure to comply with these requirements.
- Site Material. Except as otherwise noted on the Site, Dominion is the owner of all information, text, data, databases, graphics, images, sound recordings, audio and visual clips, logos, software and other content on the Site and the collection, design, selection and arrangement thereof (collectively, the “Site Material”). The names, marks and logos appearing on the Site or included in the Site Material are, unless otherwise noted, trademarks owned by or licensed to Dominion and are used with permission of the owner.
- License Grant. Dominion grants to you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable license to access and use the Site in legally authorized jurisdictions for personal, non-commercial purposes only. You may make one copy of the Site Material for backup purposes only. If you subscribe to any fee-based services provided by Dominion via the Site, this license is contingent upon your payment of any applicable subscription fees and your compliance with any other terms and conditions applicable to you as a subscriber. Any violation by you of the license provisions contained in this Section 3(B) may result in the immediate termination of your right to use the Site. Dominion reserves all right, title and interest not expressly granted under this license to the fullest extent possible under applicable laws. Any use of the Site or Site Material not specifically permitted under this Agreement is strictly prohibited.
- License Restrictions. The license granted in Section 3(B) does not give you any ownership or intellectual property interest in any Site Material. Other than as required to facilitate your permissible use, you may not reproduce, perform, create derivative works from, republish, upload, post, retransmit or redistribute in any way whatsoever any Site Material. Any alteration, modification, reproduction, redistribution, retransmission, redisplay or other use of any Site Material in any other manner or for any other purpose constitutes infringement of Dominion’s or its licensors’, as the case may be, intellectual property and other proprietary rights. You agree to retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained in the original Site Material on any copy you make of such Site Material.
- Prohibited Activities
The following is a non-exhaustive list of activities that are prohibited on the Site:
- Criminal or tortious activity, including child pornography, fraud, trafficking in obscene material, drug dealing, gambling, harassment, stalking, spamming, spimming, sending of viruses or other harmful files, trademark infringement, copyright infringement, patent infringement, or trade secret theft.
- Any automated use of the Site, such as using scripts to add user accounts or send comments or messages.
- Interfering with, disrupting, or creating an undue burden on the Site or Dominion’s networks or servers.
- Attempting to impersonate another person or entity.
- Using any information obtained from the Site in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person.
- Accepting payment or anything of value from a third person in exchange for your performing any commercial activity on the Site on behalf of that person.
- Using the Site in a manner inconsistent with applicable laws and regulations.
Dominion reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in Dominion’s sole discretion, violates this Section 4, including without limitation reporting such violations to law enforcement authorities.
- Infringement of Third Party Intellectual Property
Dominion does not knowingly permit on the Site any content that infringes another party’s intellectual property rights. If you believe a copyrighted work appears on the Site in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please contact our copyright agent at:
Kenneth K. Dort
77 West Wacker Drive
Chicago, IL 60601-1818
312.321.7665 (Direct Line)
312.698.4574 (Direct FAX)
and provide the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit Dominion to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit Dominion to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an email address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Dominion reserves the right to terminate your user account and prevent you from accessing the Site at any time and for any reason, including but not limited to your violation of this Agreement or the law. The violation of any of the terms and conditions set forth in this Agreement may result in the immediate termination of your right and license to use the Site and obligate you to immediately destroy any copies of the Site Material in your possession.
- Compliance With Laws
You agree to comply with all applicable local, state, national and international laws, rules and regulations, including without limitation, laws governing online conduct and the unlawful export of software or technical data to restricted individuals or countries.
- Communications With You
Dominion may communicate with you via email or text message regarding your use of the Site or for various other reasons, including but not limited to informing you about new features of the Site or products or services offered by Dominion. You agree to receive emails and text messages from Dominion when you submit your email address or your mobile phone number to Dominion. You are responsible for all telecommunications charges relating to your use of the Site, including but not limited to any charges for text messages that are sent to you by Dominion.
- Limitation of Liability
You understand and agree that Dominion is not liable for any direct, indirect, special, consequential, incidental or punitive damages, (including without limitation damages
resulting from lost data) resulting from the use or inability to use the Site or the Site Material, whether based on warranty, contract, tort, or any other legal theory, and whether or not Dominion is advised of the possibility of such damages.
Although Dominion strives for accuracy in all elements of the Site, it may contain inaccuracies or errors. Dominion is not responsible for your reliance on any information or content found on the Site. Dominion makes no representations about the accuracy, reliability, completeness, or timeliness of the Site Material or about the results to be obtained from using the Site or from relying on the Site Material. Dominion is not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any person using the Site, including any person’s violation of this Agreement. YOU USE THE SITE AND THE SITE MATERIAL AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Dominion does not warrant that: (i) the Site will operate error-free; (ii) the Site and its web servers are free of computer viruses, worms or other harmful material; (iii) the quality of any products, services, information or other material obtained by you through the Site will meet your expectations; or (iv) the Site will operate in perpetuity. Dominion assumes no responsibility or liability for any lost data, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, any communication SUBMITTED VIA THE SITE. Dominion is not responsible or liable for any DAMAGE RESULTING FROM USE OF THE SITE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email due to technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet, OR injury or damage to any person’s computer OR MOBILE DEVICE related to or resulting from use of the site.
If your use of the Site or the Site Material results in any costs or expenses, including, without limitation, the need for servicing or replacing equipment, Dominion shall not be responsible for those costs or expenses.
THIS SITE AND THE SITE MATERIAL ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. Dominion, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS AND IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE WARRANTies OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES’ RIGHTS, AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
By using the Site or the Site Material, you agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Dominion, its officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any and all losses, claims, damages, costs and expenses (including reasonable legal and accounting fees) that Dominion may become obligated to pay arising or resulting from your use of
the Site or the Site Material or your breach of this Agreement. Dominion reserves the right to assume or participate, at your expense, in the investigation, settlement and defense of any such action or claim.
- Third Party Links
Dominion may, in its sole discretion, revise this Agreement at any time. All changes to this Agreement will be posted on this page. Dominion will use commercially reasonable efforts to notify you of any material changes to this Agreement; however, you should visit this page periodically to review the terms of the Agreement. Your use of the Site after a modification to this Agreement constitutes your acceptance of the modified terms.
- EBB Software
The EBB software made available on the Site is the copyrighted work of SCANA Corporation and/or its affiliates (collectively, “SCANA”) and is protected under United States and international copyright laws. The EBB software may not be used without the express consent of SCANA or a licensee acting within the scope of its license. SCANA neither warrants nor represents that use of the content displayed on this Site or the EBB software will not infringe rights of third parties. Any product, service, program, or technology described on this Site may be the subject of other intellectual property rights (including but not limited to copyright, trademark, service marks, trade name, tagline, or patent rights) owned by SCANA, Dominion, or any of their affiliates. SCANA reserves any such right that is not expressly licensed herein.
INFORMATION AND FUNCTIONALITY PROVIDED AT THE EBB SITE IS ON AN "AS IS" BASIS WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. SCANA AND DOMINION, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING THE WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES RIGHTS, AND THE WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE. ALTHOUGH DOMINION STRIVES TO PROVIDE THOROUGH AND ACCURATE MATERIALS ON ITS SITE, NO WARRANTIES ARE MADE BY SCANA OR DOMINION ABOUT THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS, OR TIMELINESS OF THE MATERIAL, SERVICES, SOFTWARE, TEXT, GRAPHICS, AND LINKS.
IN NO EVENT SHALL SCANA, DOMINION, THEIR AFFILIATES, OR ANY THIRD PARTIES MENTIONED ON THE SITE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM LOST DATA OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) RESULTING FROM THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE EBB WEBSITE OR SOFTWARE, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT SCANA OR DOMINION IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Usage of this Site by an enrolled customer is strictly governed by the terms and conditions of the Dominion Carolina Gas Transmission, LLC’s Internet Website User Agreement as executed between the customer andDominion Carolina Gas Transmission, LLC. This usage is further subject to the terms set forth in CGT’s FERC Gas Tariff and the terms and conditions of Dominion’s license of the EBB software from SCANA. Customers of this Site should not rely exclusively on information provided at the Site but should independently investigate and confirm the accuracy and completeness of the information presented.
- General Provisions
- Governing Law. This Agreement is governed by the laws of the State of South Carolina, without regard to its conflict of laws principles. You agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the courts situated in the State of South Carolina, County of Lexington, or, if it has or can acquire jurisdiction, in the United States District Court for the District of South Carolina located in Columbia, South Carolina, with respect to any dispute, disagreement, or cause of action related to or involving the Site.
- No Waiver. Dominion’s failure to enforce any provision hereof shall not constitute or be construed as a waiver of such provision or of the right to enforce it or any other provision at a later time.
- Assignment. You may not assign your rights or delegate your duties under this Agreement without the prior written consent of Dominion. Dominion may assign its rights and obligations under this Agreement to any party at any time, without notice to you.
- Severability. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason, such provision will be modified only to the extent necessary to make it valid, legal and enforceable. The invalidity, illegality or unenforceability of one or more provisions shall not affect any other provision of this Agreement, and this Agreement shall remain in force.
- Entire Agreement. Except as expressly provided elsewhere on the Site, this Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and Dominion with respect to your use of this Site.
- Owner Name and Address
The Site is owned and operated by Dominion Carolina Gas Transmission, LLC.